COVID-19 Response Fundraising Form
President Adv Nelson Chamisa initiated the ZimLOC campaign with a view to encourage preparedness especially in MDC-led councils. The initiative is also meant to ensure proactive participation of parliamentarians and increase awareness among citizens both in the urban and rural constituencies.
The President visited Wilkins Hospital on 15th March 2020 to satisfy himself with the preparedness at the facility, which has been attending to suspected cases of the virus.
The ZimLOC campaign will include the following:
- Every urban centre to have a designated Covid-19 clinic or hospital
- Each city to have a point person to specifically deal with the Corona virus
- Appointing special committees in Councils and Parliament to provide oversight.
- The President has also instructed the MDC Shadow Health Minister Dr Henry Madzorera to establish a National Command Centre which will have full time competent persons to give assistance wherever red flags are raised.
- The national command centre will have hotlines to be published on party platforms in due course.
Our parliamentarians will push a motion for special appropriation specifically to fund the budgetary requirements for preparedness, including funding fixed and mobile testing stations.
Thank you for your interest in donating to the COVID-19 initiative efforts in Zimbabwe.
This Fund has been established rapidly to deploy flexible resources to organisations that are working with communities in Zimbabwe that are affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
To make donations by Credit/Debit Card, complete the form below (Please note: Minimum credit card donation is £5).
To donate by cheque/postal order (any amount accepted), make your cheques or postal orders payable to “MDC-UK and Ireland” with “COVID-19 Response Fund” written clearly on the back. These funds will specifically be allocate to this initiative.
MDC UK and Ireland Postal addres to be inserted into here.
If you have any questions about donating, please contact our Fund Administration Office:
Tel: 07907 003379